How do I know if the items I have are suitable for one of your sales?
You are welcome to bring any items along to the saleroom Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, there is always an valuer available for advice. For larger items or quantities of items we are happy to come to your home. Alternatively, you may email photographs to email@example.com and we will give you an idea of the item’s value
Valuation and selling your item
- We offer free valuations of your items by one of our experienced valuers here at our site in St Ives.
- If you decide to sell you will be asked to sign a contract and we will receive or collect the item(s) for cataloging. The contract will specify the reserve, the seller’s commission and our Conditions of Business
- We will notify you of the date of the sale and if items are included in a Quarterly Fine Art sale you will receive the high quality catalogue approximately a week in advance.
What is the sellers commission rate?
- The standard rate of commission is 18% (plus VAT) subject to a minimum fee of £5 per lot. We are happy to discuss reduced rates for high volume consignments. Please note that we do not make any additional charges for insurance.
How do I get the items to the saleroom?
- We can help arrange collection of your items. The fee for this service can either be charged directly, or deducted from your sale proceeds
- Please contact us if you wish to deliver your items to us, to arrange a mutually convenient time.
How do I find out sale results?
- All results will be available on our website at the end of each sale day
- Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss sale results.
How soon will I be paid?
- Cheque and statements are sent approximately 10 working days after the sale
- If you prefer, payment can be made directly to your bank.
How to proceed if items remain unsold
- The seller will be notified of any unsold items. The seller can then either re-offer the lot(s) with a lower reserve in a future auction, or collect the lot(s).
Terms and conditions